These muffins are a stand-by favourite - simple enough that you can throw them together in minutes, delicious enough that you can serve them to unexpected guests or send them with love to a friend in need. They are our every-day favourite.
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup milk
2 mashed bananas
2 cups plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Beat together the egg, sugar, oil and milk.
- Add the banana and mix in.
- Sift in flour and baking powder.
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips and fold in carefully until just combined (don't overmix or the muffins will be hard).
- Spoon into two greased patty pans (or line with cupcake papers). Bake for 15 minutes or until the surface springs back when touched.
- Tip out when cooled and dust with icing sugar.