Welcome. Mrs Readalot is my bookaholic alter-ego. She loves nothing better than to curl up with a good book and a cup of tea on a rainy night. It's one of her great pleasures in life (and a sure sign of aging).
Mrs Readalot has been running a bloggy bookclub for a couple of years now, but recently has decided to simplify things, so instead of sharing the hosting and writing monthly book reviews, Mrs Readalot will simply share her latest discoveries as the mood strikes her (see below for her previous book reviews) and will leave the link-list open all year round right here on this page, for you to come and share your latest reads with her. You don't have to jump through any hoops or even wear her button. Just simply link up.
Mrs Readalot would be eternally grateful for your book suggestions because at the rate she gets through books, she's constantly running out of reading material.
Mrs Readalot loves all kinds of books, but most especially well-written, fast paced fiction with believable characters and plots which are hard to predict.
Her favourite authors include: Jodi Piccoult, Tad Williams, George R. R. Martin, Stephen Lawhead, Phillippa Gregory and Maeve Binchy. Mrs Readalot has quite eclectic tastes. Her all-time favourite books have included The Hunger Games, The Time-Traveller's Wife, The Game of Thrones Books and The Bright Empires series. She also loved Water for Elephants, The BirthHouse and The Help.
Poor impatient speed-reading Mrs Readalot is impatiently waiting on Mr Martin and Mr Lawhead to deliver the next book in their most-excellent (but very different) series of fantasy novels. In the meantime, she'll read anything she can get her hands on...
- Mrs Readalot Begins (Cold Mountain & Song of Renewal)
- Mrs Readalot and the Red Tent
- Mrs Readalot and the Books About China (Red Lotus and more)
- Mrs Readalot and Water for Elephants
- Mrs Readalot Gets Annoyed (Novel About My Wife)
- Mrs Readalot Enjoys a Book Feast (A Thousand Splendid Suns & Stephen Lawhead)
- Mrs Readalot and the Local Author (Dead People's Music)
- Mrs Readalot Hearts The Help
- Mrs Readalot's Christmas List
- Mrs Readalot's Great Holiday Reads
- Mrs Readalot Discovers Guernsey (Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society)
- Mrs Readalot Revisits The Shack
- Mrs Readalot Waits and Waits (Game of Thrones)
- Mrs Readalot is Hungry for More (The Hunger Games)
- Mrs Readalot Reads a Classic (Cry the Beloved Country)
- Mrs Readalot Anticipates China
- Mrs Readalot is Slapped Silly (The Slap)
- Mrs Readalot's Recent Reads (The Alchemist and others)
- Mrs Readalot Discovers eBooks (and Alternate Realities)
- Mrs Readalot and Umpteen Jodi Picoults
- Mrs Readalot and some Rather Good Reads (Laini Taylor etc)
Bookclub is now being hosted right here by Mrs Readalot. The linky is open all year round. So... read any good books lately?
If you want to keep track of the bookclub page, you can grab this button for your sidebar.