Mrs Readalot ran a bloggy bookclub for a couple of years, but needed to simplify things as life became ever hectic (and linkies became unfashionable in the blog-world), so instead of sharing the bookclub hosting and writing monthly book reviews, Mrs Readalot simply shares her latest book discoveries as the mood strikes her (see below for book reviews by Mrs Readalot).
Mrs Readalot would be eternally grateful for your book suggestions because at the rate she gets through books, she's constantly running out of reading material.
Mrs Readalot loves all kinds of books, but most especially well-written, fast paced fiction with believable characters and plots which are hard to predict.
Mrs Readalot has quite eclectic tastes. Her all-time favourite books have included The Hunger Games, The Time-Traveller's Wife, and the Game of Thrones Books. She also loved Water for Elephants, The BirthHouse and The Help.
She is also constantly on the hunt for good books for her kids to read. All fascinating YA and Youth fiction please apply here! Meanwhile book-hungry Mrs R will read anything she can get her hands on...
MRS READALOT'S BOOK REVIEWS
- Cold Mountain and Other Tales
- The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
- Red Lotus, Wild Swans and Other Books About China
- Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen
- Novel About My Wife by Emily Perkins
- A Thousand Splendid Suns, the Book Thief and Others
- Dead People's Music by Sarah Laing
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Christmas Gift Book Ideas
- Holiday Reads (Chick Lit): Maeve Binchy & Marian Keyes
- Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
- The Shack by William P. Young
- Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Cry the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
- The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas
- The Alchemist and other Tales
- Stephen Lawhead's Bright Empires Series
- Lord of the Rings: Book Vs. Movie
- Jodi Piccoult Books (a recommended Author)
- Must Read Books (incl. The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton)
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
- Divergent Series and Other Recommendations
- KIDS BOOKS: How I turned my Reluctant Readers into Book Lovers