Our old friend Mrs Readalot has been rather quiet lately.
She wrapped up her bookclub, hung up the out-to-lunch sign and retreated to her favourite sunny reading space to devour Jodi Picoult books, one after the other.
Jodi is one of Mrs Readalot's go-to authors. You can count on Jodi for a well written, thought-provoking read. There are 18 novels written by Jodi Picoult and Mrs R has read almost every one.
There's the well known, My Sisters Keeper (made into a movie) and the obscure-but-awesome "Vanishing Acts" among others. Stories told from every side of the fence, giving insight into human nature and challenging the way we think about those who are different to us.
Each and every book, a riveting read.
Each and every book challenging the assumptions we make as humans in the face of ethical dilemmas, tragedies and other conundrums.
Every story thought-provokingly presenting all sides of contentious issues.
Here's the entire list of Jodi Picoult Books:
- Songs of the Humpback Whale (1992) - about to read it
- Harvesting the Heart (1994) - Yet to read it
- Picture Perfect (1995) - Yet to Read it
- Mercy (1996) - Examines "Mercy" killing;
- The Pact (1998): Examines teen suicide and friendship
- Keeping Faith (1999) - Examines Custody battles, faith, miracles and atheism
- Plain Truth (2000) - About Justice, truth and the Amish
- Salem Falls (2001) - About Witch hunts, bullying, crime and Truth
- Perfect Match (2002) - Yet to read
- Second Glance (2003) - The supernatural, ghosthunting and the paranormal
- My Sister's Keeper(2004) - Examines all sides of medical ethics, family loyalty & sisterhood
- Vanishing Acts (2005) - Child abduction and family relationships
- The Tenth Circle (2006) - Yet to read
- Nineteen Minutes(2007) - Mass shootings in high schools
- Change of Heart (2008) - Examines Organ donation, ethics and conscience
- Handle With Care (2009) - Examines what a mother will be prepared to do for her ill child
- House Rules (2010) - Exploring Autism and crime
- Sing You Home(2011) - Examines IVF, custody and same-sex parenthood
- Lone Wolf (2012) - Yet to read
- and her newest novel, THE STORYTELLER (2013) - Forgiveness, war crimes and the Holocaust. One of her best books yet.
Most of Jodi's books are there in the eLibrary. So convenient.
But what next?
Who can she turn to next, once she runs out of Jodi's??
This is where you come in.
Can you help Mrs Readalot out?
Please recommend your favourite authors or books (even better if they are on eBook). Help keep Mrs R supplied with reading material for the long cold winter months.
Leave her a comment, sharing your faves.
Or even better, if you've blogged about some great reads, link your posts up on her Bookclub Page.
Thanks lovely Readers!