So Helen's suggestion was this: Mrs Readalot announce at the beginning of the month which book she will be reviewing at the end of the month.
Fellow bookworms can either get hold of their own copy of the same book and read along with Mrs Readalot, or they choose their own book(s) to read... and review.
|Young Miss Readalot and the Perm, age 19|
But wait there's more.
Book Club members will get a chance to host the linky! A different blog each month - thereby creating more traffic for your blog (who doesn't like that?) and sharing the blog love around.
At the end of the month Mrs Readalot will post her own review and attach a link to this month's Book Club Host and announce the following Month's Book Choice.
Then all the lovely bloggers who have managed to read a book will post a review on their blogs too and then link up their posts over at the linky host.
At which point we all visit each other's blogs, read each others reviews and leave comments with our thoughts and opinions. Wahoo.
But Mrs Readalot, I hear you say. I am much too busy to read. I have a life - fifteen children, six cats and a guinea pig. I spend my afternoons playing taxicab and my evenings darning socks. Your Book Club sounds fun and all but where would I find the time??
Mrs Readalot would love you to join in with her Book Club fun. So she gently suggests that maybe you could read some kids books to your darlings? And then write a post about the best ones? Isn't that kind of multi-tasking - reading and mummying all at once? Just a thought.
|Mrs Readalot is Cool|
What do you need to do if you want to join in?
- Leave a comment on this post telling Mrs Readalot you are "in!"
- Make sure you leave your email address so you can be added to the mailing list and receive updates and important information about the Book Club
- The order that you comment in will be the order you get to host the Book Club linky
- Make sure you are "following" Greatfun4kids so you don't miss out on any fun
- Grab the button for your posts and sidebar
Grab the button for your posts and sidebar (and make sure you're "following" Greatfun4kids. If you want to join in the Book Club on a regular basis (and become a host) leave a comment here.
- Helen from One Trick Pony (July 2011)
- Leonie from Kiwi at Heart (August 2011)
- Renette from The South African Kiwis (September 2011)
- Lyns from Once Upon a Time (October 2011)
- Jamie from CactusChatter (November 2011)
- Renee from Memoirs of a Mother (December 2011)
- Abby from Abby Gabs (January 2012)
- Remaliah from Lily & Georgie (February 2012)
- Rach from SweetAsNZGirl (March 2012)
- Leonie Dons from Sunshinex3 (April 2012)
- Amy from Mahlimoo (May 2012)
- Miss Kate from Mummybrain (June 2012)
- Meghan at MNM's (July 2012)
- Stacey at Dear Future Me (August 2012)
- Meredy at Count it All Joy (September 2012)
- Leonie from Kiwi at Heart (October 2012)
- Mrs Readalot from Greatfun4kids (November 2012)
- Sarah Meyer from Sarah Says... (December 2012)
- Rachel from Rachel Cotterill Book Reviews (January 2013)
- Jessica Peters at Jessie Kay Graphics and Design (February 2013)
- Linda from Two Succulent Sisters (March 2013)
- Lorna from Gin&Lemonade (April 2013)
- Pamela from It's My Life (May 2012)
- ...you're next??