We arranged for little sister to have her own sleepover at a friend's place, and kept the plans very simple:
- kids arrive from school, set up their sleeping space,
- have afternoon tea (milk with flavoured sippah straws, popcorn, fruit)
- construct a hut in the bedroom out of camo tarpaulins
- play soccer in the garden with dad, jump on the tramp etc
- stick on fake dino tattoos, and play with dino goo
- hide toy dinosaurs in the garden for a hunt after dark
- have pizza & lemonade for tea
- make their own icecream sundaes for dessert
- Birthday cake, Sing happy birthday/blow out candles
- Play PS2 "Jungle Buzz" while we wait for it to get dark
- Take torches & go dino hunting (keep what you find)
- Play "Spotlight" with dad being the hunter
- Watch "Night at the Museum 2" on DVD in sleeping bags
- Fall asleep with no mucking around because they are soooo tired from having soooo much fun!
Mix a double batch of One Egg Chocolate Cake batter. Line a medium ceramic bowl ( like the one pictured) with baking paper and fill with batter. Cook at 180oC until a skewer comes out clean (40-60 minutes). Don't cook on a fan-forced setting so that the cake will have an even surface. Meanwhile...
Line another oven dish with baking paper and arrange a packet of orange glucose sweets (e.g. barley sugars) randomly. Pop into the oven for approx 5 minutes.
Add some toy dinosaurs, plastic trees and finally poke in the melted sweets for an erupting volcano.