It's yucky rainy weather here and we all need a pick-me-up after a blah day. So as soon as I post this, I am off to whip up a batch for the hungry hordes...
1 cup plain Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 cup Sugar
1 cup Milk (approx)
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Stir sugar through.
- Break the egg into dry ingredients and stir through with a fork until well mixed.
- Add milk and mix until just combined.
- Drop 2-3 Tablespoonsful of mixture at a time, onto a hot lightly greased frypan.
- Turn the pikelets over when bubbles start to burst on the surface. Cook the second side until golden.
- Makes 10-12.
Butter and Sprinkles. When the pikelets have cooled, spread with butter and dip into a saucer of 100s & 1000s. Irresistible to littlies, all those rainbow colours. Great for birthday parties too!
Cream and Jam: Spread with jam then plop a dollop of whipped cream on top = delicous!
TOP TIP: to avoid burning, once the pan is hot, turn the ring down to medium. Also you may need to keep adding a little butter to keep the pan greased (depending on how good your frypan is!)