I have learnt over a period of many many many years (and failed attempts) that I should not even bother thinking up any New Years Resolutions, let alone writing them down. Like, don't even waste the paper and ink. Complete waste of time.
If I was writing resolutions I would have a very worthy list. It might look something like this...
- Eat my 5+ a Day
- Lose about 15 kilos
- Spend more time exercising and less time blogging...
- Spend more time playing with the kids and less time blogging...
So I'm not writing one of those.
I have thought for a long time about writing a Bucket List.
You know, a list of things you want to accomplish/places you want to visit before you kick the bucket.
I have just a few things to start with. But as time goes by I am going to come back and add to this list. And when I have done something off my list, I will cross it off. See, with a Bucket List you have a whole lifetime to accomplish it. So that's not quite so daunting. It's a wish list, a bunch of goals and dreams, things hoped for, as yet unseen...
MY BUCKET LIST (so far)
Visit Ireland(DONE: October 2011)
- Return to Ireland, stay longer, explore further (find my roots)
- Visit New York at Christmastime
- Visit all the beautiful historic cities of Europe... Prague, Budapest, Paris, Frankfurt...
- Let my kids experience a white Christmas, build a snowman with them
- Take my kids to Disneyland LA (like we dreamed of when we were on honeymoon)
- Visit Switzerland (and meet up with Remaliah)
- Meet my favourite foreign Bloggy friends: Laura, Maxabella, Meredy, Cat
Write for Parenting Magazine(DONE: December 2010)
- Get my Kids Christmas Story published
- Write a Novel and Get published!
- Write another book. And another book... and another book... have so many ideas that the books just keep coming...
- Earn enough money from writing that it doesn't matter where in the world we live
- Buy a little cottage right by the sea and retire there with Mr G when the kids have left home
- Fill our cottage with flowers and books and paintings done by me; visiting friends, seashells and sunshine
- A place with space for our grandchildren to come and climb trees
- Begin each day with a walk on the beach and a swim in the sea
- End each day with a glass of wine, a sunset and conversation with my best friend
What's on your bucket list?? Are you writing any New Years Resolutions?