Tears prickling as we watch the news. Our fellow Kiwis in Christchurch, devastated only six months ago by an earthquake and the thousands of aftershocks since... beginning to rebuild... and now... something so much worse.
Hearts breaking as we watch the rescuers. Volunteers and bystanders, some in business suits and ties, pulling aside the rubble with their bare hands, bravely risking their own safety to save the lives of workmates and strangers who are trapped in the pancaked buildings.
Prayers for those trapped. More than one hundred of them. We pray you are still alive! Jesus put your angels with them. Lead the rescuers to them.
Nothing will ever be the same in this city.
Praying for the rescuers. Keep them safe. Give them Strength. Lead them to those who are trapped.
Prayers for leaders of the city, the country. For Wisdom. For strength. For help to come from all over the world (and it is coming. More tears prickle. World, Thankyou for caring.)
Miracles. We pray for miracles.
Strength for the people, stuck in their homes. Without water. Without power. Worrying for their loved ones. Fearful of the next aftershock. Oh Jesus, bring them peace.
Our hearts are heavy today. Our thoughts wander south as we whisper our prayers.
Miracles, Jesus. PLEASE LET THERE BE MIRACLES.
- Christchurch Quake Map
- The Herald: Quake Updates
- Google Person Finder for Christchurch Quake
- Civil Defence Info
- How to Donate to the Earthquake Appeal
To make a donation:
- Phone 0900 33 200 to make an automatic $20 donation
- FreeTXT 'QUAKE' to 555 to donate $5 or FreeTXT 'QUAKE' to 333 to donate $3 from any Vodafone mobile
- Donate online at http://redcross.org.nz/
- Donate in person at any branch of NZ Post, Kiwibank, ANZ, National Bank, ASB, TSB and BNZ across New Zealand.
- Mail a cheque (made payable to New Zealand Red Cross) to: Canterbury Earthquake Appeal, Freepost 232690, PO Box 12-140, Thorndon, Wellington 6144.
Photos found on GoogleImages