(adapted from the Destitute Gourmet Recipe in Parenting Magazine)
- 1 x 375g packet of chocolate melts or buttons
- 2 Tablespoons of Kremelta (vegetable shortening)
- 1 1/2 cups of unsalted nuts, coarsely chopped*
- 180g marshmallows cut in chunks
- 1/3 cup glace cherries, halved
- 1/2 cup rice bubbles (rice krispies)
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/2 packet of white chocolate buttons, melted, to decorate (optional)
Melt the chocolate bits and Kremelta in a heat-proof bowl over a pot of boiling water; stir frequently until chocolate becomes liquid
Pour into a bowl of the cherries and nuts; add rice bubbles and coconut; lastly add the marshmallows.
Spread into a roasting pan lined with baking paper. Refrigerate until completely set; then drizzle white chocolate over the top if you like. (Allow white chocolate to set); cut roughly into squares.
This is the yummiest rocky road I've ever had (and so easy to make!) I add the rice bubbles and coconut to offset the sweetness which makes it extra-delicious.