Forty-one years ago today my poor mother had been in labour with me for 30 long traumatic hours before I emerged stunned and blinking into the world, so the story goes. I told it to you last year. Which seems like only six weeks ago.
How on earth is it my birthday already?
I mean, come on Planet Earth! When I was a kid it would take five years to reach Christmas. These days it's like five flippin
I knew a guy who had a theory on why this is...
When you are two years old, one year = half your life. So it seems like a long time.
When you are ten, a year is a tenth of your life...
Now that I am forty-flippin-one a year is a measly 1/40th of my life! It's a pipsqueak amount, really.
Hence, the way life seems to speed up as you get older.
Interesting theory dontcha think?
So yes, here I am rapidly sliding down the other side of The Hill.
Let's see what this speedy year has gained me...
- I joined the gym
- I failed to go regularly to the gym
- I may or may not have gained some extra cuddle bumps
- (in spite of this) I conquered my fear of swimming togs
- and also crushed my phobia about Big Butts on Bikes
- I got to visit Queenstown for the first time ever (and Queensland for the third time)
- I gained a cleaner (and lost my
self respectdust bunnies)
- I learnt how to cook gluten free for my daughter
- I went gluten free myself (and lost no weight but ceased bloating)
I discovered photobucket(no that's just pathetic) I learnt how to make blog buttons(Sad!)
- I met Widge, PaisleyJade, Lyns, Weza, Banban and FaerySarah. Bloggers are cool.
- I became blog addicted and had to go on a bloggy diet (and lost an average of two posts and 10 readers per week)
- I got my blog published in TWO magazines
- I wrote my first article for a real magazine that gets printed on paper and everything! (It comes out in December.)
- I finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up: A Writer
- My kids aged a year each. I did my aging in dog years
Thanks you guys for being my friends this year, reading my outpourings and ramblings, supporting my blog addiction. It means a lot, really. Honest. I couldn't do it without y'all.
Happy Birthday to Me!!
Now on to another (short fast three month) year