Birthday weeks are always full on around our house, because birthdays are a Big Deal. This Wednesday my only girl, Miss Fabulous, turns six (going on sixteen, but we are trying our to put a stop to that).
So much to do! It doesn't help that I am also in the middle of a bedroom makeover for the Birthday Girl. And that daddy just decided we might as well get her a proper bike from a bike shop instead of a cheapy off TradeMe (since they really aren't that cheap anymore, and pretty crappy too). And that the only bike shop I know has closed down.
And that my toddler is between a cot and a bed and is cutting out daytime sleeps (which majorly reduces my time to do stuff)... and I just had to move all his drawers and shelves into Dash's room and give that space a clear out.
It only complicates things that the birthday girl is now Gluten Free and a new menu must be contructed with that in mind. And that it still needs to be both gorgeous and delicious for the Fancy Tea Party. And that I need to find where the heck they sell gluten free bacon because she wants macaroni cheese for her birthday dinner and darn it, they don't sell the stuff at Woolworths Online.
At the back of my mind are also sitting the results for the last KidsClick competition... they must be posted! Plus I need to start a new competition...
Keeping me awake at night are thoughts about The Book. I have decided I don't like most of the layouts (too busy) and they must be changed. As soon as possible.
And I want to blog! But the best I can come up with while all these other jobs are rattling loosely round my brain, is this silly To Do list...
Switch over boys roomsDONE! Finish painting mural of rolling hills and fluffy clouds in a blue skyDONE!! Paint green wallNAH. I WON'T BOTHER (one coat will have to do) Move furniture Hang mosquito net, tie on ribbonsflowers
- Stick jewels on mirror & jewellery boxes
Find a bike shopDONE! (thanks Sandra!) buy a (shiny pink) bikeDONE! get a card and wrapping paper and ribbonsDONE! wrap presents, write out cardDONE! find gluten free bacon(and sausages)
- Sew fancy dressups with Meg for sleepover
- get coal for brazier (toasting gluten free marshmallows at sleepover)
get a DVD for sleepover(any ideas? needs to be girly and sweet) DONE!
- find a friend willing to help me play dressups with girls on saturday (any takers?)
- hang up fairy lights in carport
- make a gluten free rainbow layer cake
- decorate it to within an inch of its life
- bake gluten free cupcakes, pikelets, cookies
- decorate them all to within an inch of their life
- take a deep breath
- have a coffee
- come up for air
post kidsclick resultsDONE! start new kidsclick compDONE!
- let my friends in blogland know I am still alive
- fall asleep slumped over my desk and hope i don't drool and short-circuit the keyboard...