I received breakfast in bed, brought on a tray... a delicious treat prepared by my fab husband (bless him). Stories were told of adventures and mishaps that went into finding me gifts; things didn't go all to plan but in the end I was presented with carefully thought out items that represented the hearts of the givers.
This was the first Mothers Day where the kids have really gotten into it and the gifts and cards have come more from them, with just a nudge from daddy.
One of my favourite parts of the day was how my daughter was stuck to me like glue, whispering "I love you so much...!" in my ear and really wanting to make my day special. She sat with me while I ate my special feast; we snuggled and took photos of each other, enjoying each other's company.
And then tonight Dash unexpectedly wriggled into my arms as I lay on the couch, and whispered in my ear, "Happy Mothers Day, mum!" and gave me a great big kiss. Out of the Blue.
With all the warm fuzzies flying round, I thought I'd write a list of my favourite things about being a mum...
- The sweet kisses
- The morning snuggles
- The feeling of soft little arms around my neck, and velvet cheeks on mine
- Whispered secrets
- Silly dancing and other random stupidity
- Listening in to their conversations with each other (hilarious!)
- Observing their unprompted kindness and generosity towards others
- Knowing that I have so many things to look forward to in life: watching these precious children develop into wonderful human beings